Monday 25 April 2016

Epic exercise .... Fail

For as long as I can remember I've threatened to start exercising, mainly because I want nice legs to be able to wear shorts, that's basically all it boils down to. 

I started working loads and didn't really have time and then the whole cancer thing happened and so summer legs went out the window. I did think that I would loose weight during treatment (every cloud and all, but that didn't happen).

Anywho, treatment finished around 10 months ago, had yet another summer of hating my legs and then decided to give the whole running thing a go. Well that's a lie, I got my trainers last year and wore them to the park...once...

But earlier this year I decided to give it a go, I highly recommend the Couch to 5K app. I was actually quite nervous and so I went out on my own (at night so no one would see me), I really enjoyed it, well as much as you can enjoy trying not to get run over or fall over or pass out, all whilst trying not to run like a complete and utter div.... 


I then decided that it was time to go training with the lovely people of Simons Heros - a Charity based in Tamworth that raise money for local children with life limiting illnesses for things that will enrich their lives ( please go to http://simonsheroes.org.uk/ to see more
Info ❤️).

So off I went for Thursday night outdoor training. OH MY GOSH. I couldn't walk for a week!! But it was amazing, and I won the trophy! (Most likely to be pity but non the less I still got it!)


I even started having PT, which is amazing, in a beaut new Gym in Tamworth called The Fitness Junction 
http://fitnessjunction.co.uk/ ) in fact It's that ace I've joined but haven't actually been since officially signing up for reasons I'll explain in a bit...
So training continued - even started training in the woods -in the rain and thunder -got lovely and muddy and bloody loved it 


and then I think this is where I got too cocky... I decided in my wisdom to join SH running club too.  I managed 5k in 50 minutes, walking and running, thanks to the lovely people of SH staying with me, egging me on and after I felt fabulous. 

My problem is that I hate not being good at stuff, which might be why I don't usually exercise, so naturally I wanted to beat my time. This was the beginning of the end. My brother kindly ran with me, same route as the previous week, there were some, (a lot), of times I wanted to stop but he wouldn't let me, my left thigh began to hurt, "man up" he said, "your not ill anymore," "keep going".....


Yes, I beat my PB (37 mins if you must know), but OUCH.



Now because I'm some sort of hardcore fitness junkie I went training in the woods 48hrs later. Big mistake. Maybe i would have thrown the towel in earlier but Arron came with me this week and I didn't want him to think I was rubbish so I carried on. Plus I had brand new trail trainers which look fab - 

Cardiac hill. Oh dear. Should have known this was a bad idea. Running up and down, stopping to do star jumps/crunches/burpies/squats..... Followed by a circuit of walking/jogging up hill and back down, again stopping to exercise, then a run through a very muddy brook and to finish, a crawl under a cargo net....

Everyone jogged back to their cars, I limped, the whole way back. In fact, this has happened ....



Yep I'm now hobbling around unable to lift my left leg. If it didn't hurt so much I'd laugh. Yet another reminder that my body has been through hell and back and isn't where it should be. 2 years now and I'm
Still not right. IFHC.  I feel like such a prat- what was I thinking??

Still no sign of those shorts.....



No comments:

Post a Comment