Thursday 4 June 2015

First date

Not a good first date, the first of many cancer related dates starts tomorrow. 

5th June, 1 year since they said oh don't worry it's most likely to be mastitis from your pregnancy, 1 year since I had an ultrasound anyway just to put my mind at rest. 1 year since they then said we need to do a mammogram ... And 4 biopsies... And a fine needle aspiration. All on my own because Arron had to wait outside not knowing what was going on and I was lying on that hard horrible bed, watching their faces trying to work out how the hell I got there. 1 year since I was told "I will prey for you" which was meant in the loveliest way but sticks in my mind and from that moment everything changed.

In 1 appointment on the 5th June 2014 I went from being assessed as 1 - not concerned, to 5 - it's likely to be breast cancer and life as you know it is gone.

I think this could be up there with the worst first date ever...


9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nothing I say can make it all right. I've just read all your posts, and I feel like I know you. you're funny, and kind and real. I will think of you and you'll never be alone. breathe in, breathe out. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Impossible to find any words that will be right - but your blog, and your photos, touched me deeply. You have a gift in your writing and your response to that crappy coke thing made me smile. Hope you have many happy family days - the photos looked joyful and wishing you strength and love in fighting it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first diagnosis date anniversary is the hardest. It's not a date you will ever forget; we become walking almanacs of our treatments and it's difficult for anyone who hasn't been through it to understand. You aren't alone, even though I'm sure you feel like it sometimes. I send love from across the pond. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was reading a post about something that happened here in Germany when I saw a link to an article about what you posted to twitter.

    You're a year younger than me, my wife has a lump that terrifies me with the possibility of what it can mean. Maybe that's where I draw the connection from, but I just wanted to let you know. I don't know...

    It's easy to tell from your posts that you are a good, strong person in spite of such a daunting struggle. The things you post matter, I found what you say and how you say it to be encouraging and am impressive. Keep dealing with this the way you feel like dealing with it, you're doing it right. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete